Dedicated To Your Legal Needs
Daniel W. Uhlfelder
- Real Estate Law
- Family Law
A seasoned attorney with 25 years of legal experience, Daniel W. Uhlfelder excels at representing clients with complex civil litigation and other general legal matters. Daniel has a general practice law firm located on Scenic Highway 30-A in Walton County, Florida, establishing it after working nationwide for various prestigious law firms.
Mr. Uhlfelder graduated from Stanford University in three years with a B.A. in History in 1993. After graduating from Stanford, he attended the University of Florida College of Law and the Georgetown University Law Center as a visiting law student. Mr. Uhlfelder received his J.D. from the University of Florida College of Law in 1996.
While in law school and as an undergraduate, Mr. Uhlfelder served as a law clerk, summer associate and staff aide in the White House, the United States Attorney General's Office, the United States Senate, the United States House of Representatives, and at various law firms in Florida and Washington, D.C. including Greenberg Traurig, LLP, Hopping, Green & Sams, P.A., and the Robert Augustus Harper Law Firm, P.A.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Uhlfelder served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Donald M. Middlebrooks, United States District Court Judge for the Southern District of Florida in Miami, Florida. After completing his judicial clerkship with Judge Middlebrooks, Mr. Uhlfelder spent two years as a trial attorney with a top trial law firm, Colson, Hicks, Eidson in Miami. He handled products liability, personal injury, commercial, and criminal matters while working at Colson, Hicks, Eidson.
Mr. Uhlfelder moved to Northwest Florida in 2001. He takes a significant number of matters to trial each year. As such, he is highly skilled and efficient in conducting the strategic and tactical preparations that can make or break a case. He handles a wide variety of legal matters for businesses and individuals in Northwest Florida. His practice focuses primarily in the areas of civil and commercial litigation, construction litigation, divorce and family law, real estate, personal injury, and criminal law.
He is the first non-minority member of the Okaloosa County Branch of the NAACP, serving as Chair of the Legal Redress Committee. He was recently awarded the NAACP's Foot Soldier in the Sand Award by the NAACP for his work in the area of civil rights.
Mr. Uhlfelder was a member of the Florida Bar's First Circuit Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee. He was recently appointed by Governor Bush to the newly created Committee for a Sustainable Emerald Coast.
Mr. Uhlfelder is a member of the University of Florida Levin College of Law Alumni Council.
Mr. Uhlfelder is actively involved in his community serving as counsel for the Catherine Cole Taylor Center for the Arts and The Tree House Episcopal Montessori School. He and his wife, the parents of two young children, volunteer and serve on the board of directors of numerous Walton County local education and charity organizations.
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 1996
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- Stanford University, Stanford, California
- B.A. - 1993
- Major: History
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Southern District of Florida Trial Bar
- Dugger v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., 160 So.3d 412 (Fla. 1st DCA 2015), 2015, Fla. 1st DCA
- Rushing v. Rushing, 132 So.2d 924 (Fla. 1st DCA 2014), 2014, Fla. 1st DCA
- Watson v. Watson, 124 So.3d 340 (Fla. 1st DCA 2013), 2013, 1st DCA
- Waterstone Ass'n Management, LLC v. Calypso Towers Resorts Community, Ass'n, Inc., 115 So.3d 363 (Fla. 1st DCA 2013), 2013, Fla. 1st DCA
- Van Ness v. Mize, 5 So.3d 675 (Fla. 1st DCA 2009), 2009, Fla. 1st DCA
- Mann v. Island Resorts Development, Inc., 2008 WL 5334248 (N.D. Fla. 2008), 2008, N.D. Fla.
- Droessler v. Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, 64 F.Supp.2d 1265 (S.D. Fla. 1999), 1999, S.D. Fla.
- NAACP's Foot Soldier in the Sand Award by the NAACP
- Florida Trend's Trend Setter
- Attorney for the Catherine Cole Taylor Center for the Arts
- Member of the Sandestin Lions' Club
- Okaloosa County NAACP, Chair of Legal Redress Committee
- Committee for a Sustainable Emerald Coast
- Tree House Episcopal Montessori School
- Florida Bar Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee
- University of Florida Levin College of Law Alumni Council
- Hon. Donald Middlebrooks, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Judicial Law Clerk
- Trial Attorney, Colson, Hicks, Eidson
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Hopping, Green & Sams, P.A.
- Robert Augustus Harper Law Firm, P.A.
- White House
- United States Attorney General's Office
- United States Senate
- United States House of Representatives
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- The Dade County Trial Lawyers' Association, Member
- The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, Member
- Attorneys' Title Insurance Fund, Member
- The First American Corporation, Member
- Walton County Bar Association
- Okaloosa/Walton County Bar Association
- Florida Consumer Justice Advocates
- Florida Bar's First Circuit Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee, Member
- Okaloosa County Branch of the NAACP, Chair of the Legal Redress Committee
Current Employment Position